BOOK: Love Rules by Freya North
This weekend, I finish "Love Rules", written by Freya North lent to me by my colleague Caterina. This book is in the chick lit category and in the theme of my current trend, an English writer. I have been enjoying English writers over the last year - their humour is refreshingly dry & witty in a stimulating manner.Love Rules is a fun,"feel-good" story about BEST friends & their current relationships. Ya, I know what your thinking ... "this plot sounds familiar" but it is created in a "call-it-like-you-see-it" writing style. I found that I could relate to most of the characters from various stages of my life. I laughed, I cried. Warning: some of the scenes are a tad raunchy & explicit, but fitting of the moment & character in the story.
She writes about single life, settling down and all the events in between or afterwards - love and lust. Friends with different attitudes towards love: one is sensible, practical, and content with her super sweet husband; the other makes dramatic, romantic decisions that result in broken hearts & major drama. SOUND FAMILIAR - been there, seen it, done it!
The last 4 chapters were especially thought provoking and oozing with truths - explaining how each character eventually recovered from their "bad breakup" or horrendous mistakes that taught them major life-changing lessons. It makes you think about life's decisions from all perspectives while tossing in some sensitive issues that make you ask "what would I do if I found myself in that situation?" The key message: life always goes on - eventually!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home