< >

Friday, December 09, 2005

MUSIC: Confessions On A Dance Floor by Madonna

As some of you might have read, I was lucky to receive a copy of Madonna's latest CD, Confessions On A Dance Floor, for my birthday. Arnie was able to get 1 of the ONLY 10 available copies in the store - they literally just arrived and were being unpacked as he entered the store. We have been listening to it non-stop & thoroughly enjoy her new sound. Madonna has done it again: it's addictive, relentlessly energetic, rhythmically fast moving, with distinctly Madonna vocals! The queen of pop is back and she is better than ever! For info on her new album here is the link to her site Madonna.

It is, without any doubt, different from her previous albums - it's not a political album, it's not an angry album, (thank goodness for that), no ballads ... it's just a dance album labelled by some as a "future disco". The sound is simply classic dance club format, mixed with techno beats, with occasional haunting sounds or chanting of middle eastern influence. Many critisize her for her weak lyrics but what can you expect for an album that is targeting the dance audience. I don't know too many dance albums that have "strong lyrics" and I should know because I have plenty of this music genre in my personal collection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home