< >

Saturday, April 15, 2006

MOVIE: King Kong

Upon my return from Toronto and Arnie's return from NYC, we watched one of our newly acquired DVD (from NYC), King Kong starring Naomi White (Ann), Jack Black (Carl), Adrian Brody (Jack) and Kyle Chandler (one of my favourite cuties from Early Edition). I am certain that King Kong does not need an introduction or story synopsis because it is a much recognized tale for several years or even decades. But in case you are interested in a sneak peak, here is the official website.

I must be truthful, I was not eager to sit down & watch this movie because I was never all that fond of the original King Kong story. But once seated, I quickly became totally engrossed in the story, captivated by the passionate characters & became completely fascinated in the movie marvel that played before my eyes. King Kong was a solid 3 hours of hair-raising suspense, high-packed action, intense intrigue, spine-chilling creatures and so much more.

King Kong takes us back in time, to a period were life was simple for some and difficult for others, such as our leading lady who struggles to find employment and to feed herself. Her circumstances, lead her to make desperate decisions, despite the warnings in her head which results in a life-changing experience. Although this is a well-known story, there were still plenty of twists and turns, dramatic encounters and never-ending fast-paced action. King Kong is a masterpiece ... a creative genius that keeps you totally interested every second of the way while teasing your imagination with powerful images. Of course, I cried at the emotional finale when King Kong is stripped of his life & Ann loses her friend forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home